Pre-MathCounts Advanced (Grades 4-6)
About this course
Our students will be exposed to topics and related math problems that are frequently encountered in MathCounts competition. Target grades for this course are grades 4-6.
The topics will be including but not limited to:
- Four operations: tricks to fast performance
- Arithmetic sequence
- Age problems
- Prime numbers
- Remainder problems
- Writing algebraic equations
- Angles and triangles
- Average problems
Math Competitions targeted with this course are:
- Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS)
- The Math League
- Math Kangaroo in USA
- Continental Math League
- The Noetic Learning Math Contest (NLMC) (Fall and Spring rounds)
- Pi Math Contest (Elimination and final rounds. Final round will be in San Jose, CA)
- MathCON (two rounds: school round (to qualify for final round) and final round. Final round will be in Chicago, IL)
Who should Take This Course
- Students who can solve, without guessing, around 23 or more problems on Math League 6th grade diagnostic exam below.
Who should Skip This Course
- Students who can solve, without guessing, around 35 or more problems on Math League 6th grade diagnostic exam below.